General Service Technician
Long Hill Auto Service has job openings available for a General Service Technician! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Millington, NJ.
The General Service Technician is an entry-level position that is responsible for providing general services for vehicle maintenance and repair, such as oil changes and tire rotations. You will also be under the guidance of an experienced automotive technician that will assist you. General Service Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also Long Hill Auto Service's reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful general service technician will need to have some experience in automotive repair, but also be a quick-learner who has the ability to receive instructions and follow our shop's procedures. Paying strong attention to detail and being dedicated to honesty, and fairness is important.
General Service Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing general automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
- Shop housekeeping, i.e. keep work area clean, safe and organized
- Maintain positive customer relationships
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Familiar with multiple makes and models of vehicles
- Dependable, honest and organized
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Ability to receive instruction and to follow procedures
- Some or limited training in automotive repair, and committed to keeping up-to-date on automotive knowledge
- Some experience in vehicle maintenance, including the use of tools
Click here to submit your application for this position.
Discover More About Technician Opportunities At Long Hill Auto Service in Millington
In short, Long Hill Auto in Millington is the tops! Due to some forgetfulness about bringing an electric car adapter, Long Hill readily agreed to allow several hours of charging at their facility. Moreover, while dropping off the electric car, a gas version had tires severely low on air. Despite their full work load for the day, they took the time to check the car's computer generated TPMS and reset the "low pressure" code. The final piece de resistance was the addition of a small but useful bottle opener on the key chain with their name and phone number. And everyone could not have been more helpful or pleasant!! Give them your business; you will be glad you did! I am!
I am so grateful to Bob and Dylan at Long Hill Auto Service. As they were closing up for the Saturday, we pulled in because the undercarriage of our car popped earlier on the highway. They fixed it in a jiffy, gratis, and sent us on our merry way. If Bob had a shop in the city, he would be our go-to guy - super clean shop, polite guys, the kind of old school service you rarely see these days. ??????
Amy Vickers, 10/28/2023
They were incredibly helpful ? we had an emergency issue and they fixed it right away, on a Saturday at 5pm. We are so grateful, excellent service!
Norene Leddy, 10/28/2023